Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Once you visit Apeksha ...

 

I have always loved the word "hope(අපේක්ෂාව)", perhaps since watching the movie, Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."

Every corner at Apeksha Hospital embodies fighters. Every fighter, every caregiver is on a roller coaster. But they keep fighting.

After a cancer diagnosis, everyone's life changes. Maybe you'll fully recover, but mentally, it's never the same. You gain a new perspective on life. You start valuing every minute and stop caring about others' opinions.

One memory that got stuck in my mind while I was sitting outside the children's clinical room. For a moment, I wanted to be empty, to observe without judgment. Three little girls had their ice caps on, trying to invent a game like I did when I was little. It brought a smile to my face. Nearby, their parents were watching them while waiting for their names to be called by the nurse. I wondered what they were going through. I didn't pity them; I admired their strength and felt proud of them in my mind. And then I went back to my mom who was waiting until her name was called. 


#6thDayOfMom'sRadiotherapySession💛



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last days of Uni life...

I can clearly remember the day the A/L results were released. I had one B pass, and it was for physics. However, my district rank was 25, wh...